Monday, March 14, 2011

One week from today...

My world will change in a way that's hard to describe but I'll give it a shot anyway. My Sister-in-law Clare, is from The UK and has been living out here in Australia with my brother for just under 4years. Well next Monday Clare and Norah (my neice) will be making the long flight back to The UK to live, my brother will be going in a few months time too. Although they've lived a 7hr drive away from me and we may not have seen each other overly frequently, there's still that sense of knowing that if i really wanted to I could get my way there, just for a weekend. It's not that simple when they're on the other side of the world. Flights aren't cheap, not to mention it's not really somewhere you can just duck to for a weekend. All I can really say is that I will miss them all immensely and thank goodness for Skype & Facebook already two of my 'best friends' but I forsee us becoming even closer.
I think too that not knowing of when we'll next get to sit and chat over coffee, watching the kids playing together or having a laugh is so daunting. I fear that as Norah grows and my children grow they won't know each other as I'd hoped as cousins they would. Too is the fear I won't get the close bond as an Aunty I'd always just assumed I'd have seeing as how I only have the one brother. We will just have to make the best use of the technology we have to make the best of a sad situation.
I do understand of course it's not all about me etc, and they're doing what they want and need to for their family. However this blogspot is MINE and is about getting to know ME, so it's my feelings etc that I'll express and share here.
I may post again later but I just needed to get that out after i crossed off today on the calendar and it hit me they'll be on the plane this time next week with no turning back :-(

Take Care
Nat xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey :( Facebook and MSN are definately one of my best friends too with lots of my family and friends living away from me... you had better start saving for that special trip to the UK honey xxxx

    ReplyDelete